Laboratory Course "Acting and Vocal Technique"
Structure and participation fee
Courses take place in Classroom A and B of the "Circo Massimo" Didactic Center of the Accademia Internazionale di Teatro.
Hours: from 7.15 pm / 10.15 pm
Starting date next course: Tuesday, October 6th 2020
Tuesday: acting / interpretation/ vocal technique
Thursday: acting / interpretation/ vocal technique
Quarterly fee € 400
Annual membership fee € 60
Program Use of the voice and diction
- Diaphragmatic breathing
- Diction, vowels and consonants, hyphenated scanning, phrasing
- Expressive use of speech, intention, volume, timbre
- Alterations of speech: laughing, crying, whispering
- Poetic and dramatic reading / acting: ancient tragedy / modern drama
Acting and interpretation program
- Movement analysis and decomposition
- The neutral mask, the elements: earth, water, air, fire
- Analysis and identification of the character - study of the contra-character
- Human feelings: intention and subtext
- Narrative techniques: fairy tales, stories and legends
- Technique of mime: illusory manipulation of objects, the abstract gesture
- Poetry, monologue, soliloquy, dialogue
- Exercises on plots, licks and canvases of the commedia dell'arte and of author
- Comedy, absurd and contemporary theatre
- Rhythm and musicality
- Comedy: dysfunction, gag, comic time, relationship with the public
- Exercises on masterpieces: Molière, Shakespeare, Cechov, Jarry, Beckett, Ionesco, Brecht, De Filippo, M.Frayn,
Pirandello, Lorca etc..
Calendar of upcoming acting courses
- 1° quarter A.Y. 2020-2021: October / November / December 2020
- 2° quarter A.Y. 2020-2021: Jenuary / February / March 2021
- 3° quarter A.Y. 2020-2021: April / May / June 2021
- No specific attitudes are required and there are no age limits.
- For this course, weekends of intensive studies and rehearsals are planned in order to prepare recitals /
performarces of of the Acting Academy.
- Registrations for the first quarter (Oct-Dec 2020), are formalized starting from September 14th, 2020
at the secretariat of the Academy, as follows:
- Signature for acceptance of the theater course contract and regulation.
- Delivery of two photo cards.
- Delivery of a photocopy of a valid identity document.
- Payment of the quarterly fee + membership registration.
Corso Recitazione e Tecnica Vocale Accademia Internazionale di Teatro
As in the best Acting Schools in Italy, the Academy also conducts specialization theatrical courses
or approach to acting. (THEATER COURSES / RECITATION COURSES / THEATER ACADEMY)
The study of acting, in the acting theater workshops, is treated as an approach to the
knowledge communication dynamics, usable also in everyday and professional life in areas
working non-theatrical. Students enrolled in the bi-weekly course of the International Academy of Theater - School of
Acting Rome, they receive a membership card "section theater / show / dance / cinema" which allows them
of receive reductions and discounts in the various theaters of the capital, within theatrical exhibitions and
cinemas, in numerous live performances of drama, theater-dance, and open-air theater
to national and international character. (CORSO TEATRO / SCUOLA RECITAZIONE / ACCADEMIA TEATRALE)