Course for Actor - Lazio Region
Three-weekly frequency: Monday-Wednesday-Friday 4pm-8pm
The "Actor" course offers a training of different specificities: prose, image theatre, new media and
cinema. The educational path aim to the discovery and development of the artistic personality of each student. More
over the course aim to increase the knowledge of languages of the entertainment and acquisition of the expressive means of body
and voice. The course is referred to people who want a serious and in-depth approach to theatrical techniques, even
if not necessarily aimed to act professionally, but functional in creating verbal and gestural communication skills
that can work alongside professionals (teachers, lawyers, salesmen, managers, pr, marketing managers etc.) and
The course lasts two years, divided into five educational cycles, and includes a mandatory three-weekly attendance
with 9/12 lesson hours per week. The course is articulated in the learning of basic disciplines: training, movement,
dance, voice and diction, together with the technical expressive ones like improvisation and acting in drama and
image theater, ranging from humor to dramatic art. The educational project includes experimentation and individual
expressive research. During the two-year period, periods of intensive study and reharsals are scheduled for the preparation of the final
The professional qualification title, at the end of the course for "4th Level EU Actor", is issued by the Lazio
Region with Del. GR n. 13653/15, valid throughout the national territory and, since 2005, recognized by the
FIRST CYCLE: January-March 2021
"The Neutral Mask, Greek Tragedy"
- The neutral mask: the body as an expressive medium
- Chorus and Coryphaeus
- The tragic monologue
- The architecture of space: the modern choir
- The change of feeling through the elements
- Balance and coordination
- The Greek tragedy: Aeschylus, Euripides, Sophocles
SECOND CYCLE: April-June 2021
"La Commedia, Molière and Goldoni"
- The "Commedia all'improvviso"
- Characters - Textures - Tricks - Canovacci
- Moliére: archetypes - Text analysis
- Farce and auteur comedy
- Poetic and scenic play
- Construction of the comic character
THIRD CYCLE: October-December 2021
"The Russian laboratory: Stanislavskij and Strasberg"
- Psychological analysis
- The character: need, action, personality
- Affective memory
- Improvisation and imitation of the truth
- Dramatic action and narrative arc
- Character evolution
FOURTH CYCLE: January-March 2022
"Humor, farce and the Clown"
- Comedy: mechanisms and dysfunctions
- "Comic Timing" - The "gag"
- Accident failure and claim failure
- Imitation - Caricature - Parody
- The farce
FIFTH CYCLE: April-June 2022
"The character in the theater of the 20th century"
- The Theater of the Absurd: Ionesco, Beckett, Genet, Pinter
- Friedrich Dürrenmatt
- Original writing
- The hero in modern theater
- The credible, the surreal and the absurd
ADMISSION TO THE COURSE BY ACTOR
Admission tests for the Actor Course will be held on Thursday 7 January 2021 at the "Circo Massimo" headquarters of
the International Theater Academy.
The result will be published on Monday, January 11th, 2021.
Candidates who will pass the admission tests can formalize their registration by 15 January 2021.
The Actor Course will start on Monday 18 January 2021.
Requirements and admission tests
- Increased age
- Italian citizenship or regular residence permit
- Mastering of the Italian language
- Passing of the following admission tests:
- Italian Monologue by published author
- Poetry in Italian by published author
- Sequence of movement on a musical basis (dance, mime, improvisation)
How to access the admission test
The attendance of the first quarter (October - December) of the Acting and Vocal Technique Theater
Course is considered a preparation of the admission tests for the Actor Course; alternatively,
candidates can prepare independently and participate in the admission tests as privatists.
Admission test registration
Registration for the admission tests is formalized from 1 to 18 December 2020 by completing the
Application Form at the Secretariat of the International Theater Academy and handing in:
• Front / back copy of the Identity Document and the Tax Code
• N. 2 passport photos
• Exam fee € 50
Corso Attore Accademia Internazionale di Teatro
As in the best Acting Schools in Italy, the Academy also conducts courses in
specialization or approach to acting.
The Actor Course organized by the International Theater Academy is directed by the teachers themselves of
also acting in the Academy's teaching modules
those enrolled in the Acting Course have the right to attend the students' practical exams
of the Academy of Theater. (RECITATION COURSE / THEATER SCHOOL)
courses participate in the Academy's Evenings / Show, presenting their works
conclusive at the theater. The themes of the "staging" concern the different stylistic acting forms
plays: tragedies and comedies of author, narrative theater, fragmentary recitation of the Teatro dell'Assurdo.
(CORSO TEATRO / SCUOLA RECITAZIONE / ACCADEMIA TEATRALE)